So, I was on a roll with my posts....What a fun and busy end of August! Lily started 1st grade last week...I'm so old....she loves her new teacher and is starting to get back into the swing of school. We planned and hosted our neighborhood block party and my in-laws last weekend, as well as hosted a Premier Jewelry Party for a friend. I had over 130 people at my home over the course of 3 days...crazy.... I haven't had a minute of creating time in two weeks! So I spent a few minutes on Monday with 2 cards for Paper Crafts last call. They didn't get accepted, which I can understand...I did however get an item accepted to Cards Magazine, my first! Go figure! Here is one of the cards I've been able to create recently...
I created the patterned paper for this card with stamps! I love that effect!
Cardstock: (River Rock, Baha Breeze, Whisper White) SU!
Stamps… clear: (Damask; Wood Grain) PTI; (French Script) SU! – SUBSTITUTION – PTI Script backgound
Ink…dye,: (River Rock, Baha Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip) SU!
Ink… pigment: (White Craft ) SU!
Accent: (pearl buttons); (hand crafted pins using SU! Pretties Kit and pearl pins)
Fibers: (Pink lace ribbon) May Arts; (silver cording); (baby pink) Hug Snug
Tool: (zig zag rotary cutter) Purple Cow
Other: (item) MFR and/or source
1. Make card, stamp wood grain background and set aside.
2. Cut Baha Breeze panel 3.5x 4.25”, distress stamp damask image. Distress edges with Baha Breeze and White craft inks. Cut zigzag across top.
3. Cut Whisper White paper 3.5x2, stamp script image and distress with River Rock Ink. Stamp sentiment. Sew onto Baha Breeze panel. Thread buttons onto silver cording and attach to Baha Breeze panel.
4. Adhere lace and panel to card.
5. Embellish with bow and button.
• To distress stamp, ink your image. Then gently press crinkled wax paper or a plastic bag onto the image then stamp.