This is the information on my National Card-making (& Scrapbooking) Day Event on October 6th in Hilliard. If you haven't already signed up for this one, ACT NOW - space is limited!!!!!
National Card-Making and Scrapbooking day schedule
I’m so excited you can join us for this fun-filled productive day! This is all the information about what we are going to be doing for 12 whole hours, list of supplies you will need to bring, what I have available for you to use and what’s for sale. Please feel free to ask any questions or give suggestions. The money for the cost of the day will be collected when you arrive, remember the cost is $25 per person. If you are bringing a friend, please RSVP for them, space is limited!
What I will provide
I will have non expendable items available for you to use at no cost:
• SU! Stamp sets
• SU! Inks
• SU! Punches and cutting tools
• Cutting board
• Assorted scrap papers
• Cuttlebug (limited dies)
• Quickutz (limited dies)
• Computer to access color combos and scrapbook layouts
• LOTS of samples
These are some items I will have available for sale
• SU! Papers
• SNAIL adhesive refills
• Alterable items
***Since I am no longer going to be an SU! selling demonstrator, I will be selling off stamp sets, alterables, and general crafting supplies I’ve collected for my business!! Lots of great items at a great discount!
Mini prizes will be awarded throughout the day for the challenges. Items include embellishments, alterables, papers and more. For each project completed, you will be entered into the Grand Prize (need not be present of you need to leave early) to be awarded at the end of the night. This quarter’s prize will include a 20 page 12x12 scrapbook (you design – too cool), 12x12 paper holder (I LOVE these and use them all the time), which holds up to 100+ sheets of paper and a 2007 Sellabration SU! Stamp set! It’s a value of $30!
Breakfast: assorted bagels and fruits
Lunch: Honey turkey or roast beef wraps with honey mustard, sprouts and shredded carrots, Awesome Pasta Salad, fruit, chips and pretzels
Dinner: Pepperoni Pizza with chips & pretzels
Snacks: pretzels, chips, Texas Caviar, veggies & dip, candies & cookies
Assorted pop, water and peach iced tea will be provided.
***Please let me know if you have any food needs or restrictions no later than October 3rd.
What you need to bring
Bring anything you need that is not listed above. That includes papers, scissors, glue, photos, embellishments, etc. The more you have on hand, the more you will create!
I am providing you with this information so that you may plan ahead for the challenges if you choose to participate. The challenges will be presented every 2 hours, plenty of time to create a scrapbook layout and card. I will also post suggested layouts that you may copy or choose your own.
Each challenge will be posted every 2 hours. You may choose to do as many or as little as you like. 2 Prizes will be awarded for each challenge, 1 random drawing, 1 voted on by the group. For each project completed to the specifications presented for the item, you will receive a ticket to be entered into the drawing for the grand prize.
1. Stampin’ Around – Create a card using a stamp wheel.
2. Halloween Card – Anything goes as long as it’s for Halloween!
3. Scrap Card – Using only scraps from the scrap bin, any theme.
4. Holiday Card - Create a Holiday card, but you can’t use Christmas red or green!
5. Punch Out! – Use any punch and any theme.
6. Give Thanks – Show your appreciation, or celebrate the holiday, your choice!
1. Hot! Hot! H-O-T!!! - I thought this would be most appropriate with how the weather was this summer!
This theme has a wide range to choose from. You could scrap anything from: How to beat the heat to Who's a Hot little babe? (photo of a child of course).
2. Special Nights - We’ve all had that one night out on the town with friends, significant others, family. Show me the fun! Scrap any special night/even that you’ve attended.
3. "Cheaper by the Dozen" Scrapbook style!!! -
The movie Cheaper by the Dozen is a wonderfully cute family comedy.
And, as the title of this challenge implies, you have to use a 'dozen' PHOTOS on your layout!!
4. Happy Fall Y’all – My favorite season is fall! I love the colors, chucky sweaters, football games, playing in the leaves, kids dressed for Halloween, pumpkin patches, you know what I mean. Show us your favorite part of the fall season!
5. Layout Challenge – This is any theme, you just have to follow the layout provided!
6. Notable Quotable - Hello ladies! Welcome to the library, find a comfy seat, get out a book by your favorite author and get ready for another challenge!!! This is a pretty simply and straight forward challenge. You can make any type of layout you wish, your only rule, the title of your page has to be a quote from a book!
Make & Takes:
If you need a break from coming up with your own ideas, here are some projects I will have available for you to make.
1. One Sheet Wonder – Create beautiful paper using stamps and ink, use it to create 8 cards or use in scrapbook layouts.
2. Candy bag: Create a cute bag of candy using mailing labels and stamps.